Monday, March 21, 2005

My Buns and Tai Chi

Today I basically took the day off from Tai Chi, although I did manage to practice the form some. Instead, I took a 2.25-mile walk around my hilly neighborhood. Over the last 15 years I've done the route a thousand times ... literally. This was the first time I felt like I had wings on my heels. I thank Tai Chi for that.

Not only that, but my body felt way different. Like a well-oiled machine, I'd say.

My arms swung freely from my shoulders.

My legs knew no fatigue ... even going uphill.

My thigh-tops were enjoying unaccustomed contact with my pants legs, meaning my quads have bulked up.

And the tops of my buns were also rubbing nicely against the material of my trousers. It's been a long time since this 57-year-old male even had tops to his buns.

This is what Tai Chi has done for me over the last two months: made me a body-culture convert!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home